[FC] Chasing an Oil Leek

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue May 6 11:33:00 2003

I need your input. As you know I now have a 140 PG in my Rampside. I have had
this oil leak since day one coming from the bell housing area. Last week I
pulled the power train back out. There was a puddle of engine oil on top of
the diff. cover plate and oil spray mostly everywhere. I seperated the diff
and trans from the bellhousing and found oil, but no evidence of where it is
coming from.
The seal looked to be good and did not show any signs of leaking. The bell
housing gasket also did not appear to be the culprit. At any rate I removed
and replaced the bellhousing, with another bellhousing and gasket and another
new seal . I still have a leak. Any ideas/ opinions out there. I really don't
want to pull this thing apart again,but it's begining to seem obvious that I'm
going to have to.Sorry to ramble on,
Mike Emanuele
69 Monza Convertible