[FC] Front coils... revisited

Fri May 9 08:54:00 2003

In a message dated 5/9/2003 8:18:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
noahsarkinc@earthlink.net writes:

> How much difference does it make if you remove 1 coil vs. 1 1/2 of a coil?
> Is
> this a critical dimension?  What is the best brand &model front shock to
> use
> with the Rustang coils to get a smooth ride with good handling
> characteristics?  Any recommendation on the rear springs &shocks to round
> out
> the improvements in the front?

   The difference in cutting the springs, I think, is level or very slight
almost not noticeable nose down. The only shock I have ever used for the
conversion is the Dodge truck front shock because it is available and
affordable.
   I think with a little hole modification the same shock will go in the rear
and control the rear pretty good. That being said, lately I have been using
the Monroe "SensaTrac" shock for the rears and on my race car and they seem
to work really good. Read that very stiff. If you put these in any car it
will ride like a lumber wagon, with one exception, in the rear of an early it
will stop the bounce and not affect the ride.
   Ken Hand