[FC] Towing the GB

Mon May 12 20:13:00 2003

Bryan,
I towed my Rampside around a thousand miles two different times with a
similar setup.  The bumper bracket holes are too close together for a proper
angle on the tow bar, so I drilled new holes farther outboard.  Worked well,
but did bend the bumper a little bit right in the areas of the holes.  If I
do it again, I'll back up the holes with super-big/heavy washers, or some
fabricated backing plate.  For your short distance, if you don't turn too
sharply, you may be OK using the bumper bolt holes.

Larry Hickerson
Albuquerque