[FC] Wiley Brothers Econo-run... I had a blast!

Sat May 17 21:26:01 2003

Hey guys and gals,
Just a short note to those of you in and around Kentucky to let you know what
a great time Cheryl, my girls and I had at the "3rd Annual Wiley Brothers
Econo-run"... I think the rain and gloomy weather kept many away, which is a
shame... the cookout afterwards was great, and we had the use of Mr. Ernie
Threlkeld's huge garage... we had only one DNF and that was due to a rather
high railroad track "hump" meeting a "deep sump aluminum oil pan" and
knocking a hole in it... arrangements were being made on it's safe return
after the trophies were handed out. We had 13 entries, and I was "Lucky 13".
I ended up getting the 1st place trophy for the FC class... there was only
one other FC there, a 65 Greenbrier 4spd (sorry Kent, I didn't get the VIN or
the guy's name, but I'm sure I can dig it up from one of the Derby City
members)... I got a little better than 25 mpg out of my 61 'brier, and I hate
to say it, but I wasn't trying very hard... I was just doing it for the
fun... maybe next time I will actually "try"... the 65 FC got in the
neighborhood of 20 mpg... and it really looked NICE...(I heard he passed a
few people, so maybe he thought those PGs got cruddy gas mileage...)...
Oh well... I just wanted to let y'all know what a great time we had, even
though the weather wasn't anything to write home about.
Take care,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson
Crittenden, KY
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver w/69 110/69 pg/69 3.55 diff = 25mpg!
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.