[FC] FC fuse panel

Vern McIntosh corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun May 25 13:56:01 2003

Bob and List,

Here's a summary from a '62 Owner's Guide, from the glovebox of my '62
Loadside:

Starting at the top:

Panel lamps.............3A
Radio.......................4A
Heater, BU lamps.....20A
Tail-Stop-Dome........10A
Heat Blower-Gl.box...10A

The "Heat Blow" fuse is for the combustion blower on a gas heater.

This description matches a loose '61 under-dash harness I have, and would
seem to agree with your description of your panel. However, the actual panel
in my '62 includes another fuse at the top: Wiper.......20A, a total of 6
fuse slots.

My '64 FCs also have the top fuse and another difference - the Radio fuse is
labelled 2.5A instead of 4A.

I hope this helps.

Vern McIntosh
Bend, Oregon

> I am in need of some help.  I am working on my 61 Loadside, and the fuse
box
> markings have since worn away.  I want to clean and replace all fuses but
don't
> know which ones go where.  Prior owners have stuck 30 amp in everything.
Can
> someone list the order of the fuse box starting with the top opening and
> listing the circuit and fuse requirements for me. I have four fused
circuits
> and one cigar lighter circuit on the left side of the box.  Thanks  Bob
Bauer