[FC] TIRE SIZES on rampy

Jeffrey Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon May 26 00:58:01 2003

I'm running 205x70s on the Corvan, using scrounged 14x5.5 aluminum wheels
(unknown brand).  I've got about 1/2" side clearance at rest and no scrape
marks on the side wall so they're probably OK.  They ride really nice, but
be aware that they are a lower height than stock and will numerically raise
the actual final drive ratio a bit.  Not a bad thing if you're running a
3.27 like me, turns into something like a 3.35 or so.
I've seen 195x75s and 205x75s used and they look good too.

Jeff Wells
Blue Mountain/Lehigh Valley Corvair Clubs; CORSA, too
jfwells@ptd.net

'65 Monza
'64 Corvan
and other stuff

----- Original Message -----
From: <N2VZD@aol.com>
To: <corvanatics@corvair.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 12:51 PM
Subject: [FC] TIRE SIZES on rampy

well i put 205x70 r 14 tires on some cleaned up repainted rally wheels on my
rampy today. they look like they are kinda tight but i drove it 25 miles
without any problems. they dont have much clearance at the rear wheel
openings.  i
may switch to 195x70  not sure. anyone else use 205x70??.  it had 185 on it
that looked small.  i can always use the 205 on my century wgn i spose....
regards tim colson ...

---