[FC] Filer panel, part 2

Keith Hammett corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Nov 6 16:54:00 2003

This post sure makes me feel better about the money I spent so far towards
the hot air heater in my rampy, as I have never run one in the winter I
wasn't sure how much heat it would put out.

I was only hoping that I could keep the frost off the windows but a
t-shirt.... :)

You van people could use a shower curtain...

Keith Hammett

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of vairman@sisna.com
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 3:39 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Filer panel, part 2

Ken's idea works fine and if you want to see out the back, use some clear
plastic sheeting.  Make sure all your ducting from the heater box forward is
air tight and clear of obstructions. Also, make sure your thermostats don't
open too early (very common) and heater box is leak free.  I had a '61
Rampside that I drove from Fort Collins,CO to Yuma,AZ in Jan '89.  I stayed
over night in Beaver, UT and it was 22 deg below zero. My dad was towing my
Jeepster with his motor home and the only one that would start was the
Jeepster. We used it to pull start both of the others.  I was driving my
Rampside with no coat and in a t-shirt. After we had gone about 15 or 20
miles I had to turn the blower down one notch.  It also handled the hot
weather fine without removing the bottom shrouds.  It makes a big difference
to do some work on maintaining the heating system. I also had the high
output fan and motor assembly on the truck.                   The truck is
now my son's

Bruce Gwyther, Bonneville Corvair Club
http://users.sisna.com/grandpagwyt/
'65 Corsa Convert,  '62 Rampside