[FC] FW: [VO] Power outage

Kent Sullivan corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Nov 30 21:58:00 2003

FYI.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: vairorg-admin@corvair.org [mailto:vairorg-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf
Of Bryan Blackwell
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 6:47 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Cc: vairorg@corvair.org
Subject: [VO] Power outage

We had some fairly severe winds yesterday, the power wasn't very consistent
so I shut the server down.  Of course when I turned everything back on this
morning, the DSL bridge didn't come up right, and I missed that fact.  After
a fair amount of head scratching over the fact that everything looked fine
on the server but it just didn't work, I realized the red light on the
bridge meant it had a problem.
Duh...

Anyway, I took the opportunity to pick up a router/firewall with port
forwarding.  The bottom line is that troubleshooting will be easier, plus
when it's time to retire this server, swapping it out will be much easier.

Hope ya'll had a good Thanksgiving!
--
Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/