[FC] weight

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Oct 9 22:07:01 2003

I know some one that used to tow Corvair cars and vans with a Corvair van with
a 140 HP engine.  The trailer was made of aluminum and had tandem axles with
surge brakes.  It was a custom made welded hitch.  Of course, today, there are
laws that would negate doing this.  The tow vehicle has to be rated for the
weight of the tow rig's total weight..... Paul in CT.....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Stiles
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 9:39 PM
  Subject: [FC] weight

  Hey all-

  I am wondering what the max trailer weight would be for a Greenbrier or
  Ramp.  Would 850 lbs. be acceptable?  I guess almost anything is possible
  for short distances...what have any of you towed out there?  I think
  Smitty's trailer is at least that heavy, and he tows with a Monza wagon!

  Looking forward to some input.

  Ben