[FC] FC brake UPGRADES

Fri Oct 10 21:22:01 2003

In a message dated 10/10/2003 1:14:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hmoore@sandiego.edu writes:
Some more qeustions.  How do metalic brakes help stop brake fade, is the
coefficient of friction higher on them? or does the meterial resist/disipate
heat better (or is that what a higher coefficeient of friction is?)  Also,
the
proper way to drive a brier (or any car) in hills is to apply the brakes hard
till you slow then let off of them, is that correct?
No, first be in the right gear and use the engine to keep speeds down.

What about for highway
and freeway braking or just regular driving for that matter?  The short
wheelbase does have some effect on the drving requirements, yeah?  What about
power brake booster, would that have helped the brier that lost its brakes in
the mountains?
Not at all Fade is Fade. Booster just lowers the force need to push the brake
petal for the same stopping power.

What are some other ways I can help cool the brakes-I know that if I drive it
properly this would not be necccesary.
Add so cooling scoops and ducking to get more air into them. Just made them
so you trap the water before it gets to the brakes.

Thanks
Harry
rich