[FC] What is the cause of oil coming out of the dip stick

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Oct 19 21:33:00 2003

Usually it's too much blow by pressurizing the crankcase.  The quick
fix is to remove the oil pan and cut the dipstick tube off flush with
the inside of the case, which moves the bottom of the tube above the
oil level when running.  It's on my to-do list as well.

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 11:50 AM, Gail P Policella wrote:

> I have a 1964 car engine in my 1964 Greenbrier.  I have oil coming out
> of
> the dipstick (a good amount).  I cleaned the breather tube, did an
> engine
> flush and replaced the PVC valve. Any idea's what the cause is ?

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa