[FC] Does valve cover oil leak = Replace guide tube o rings

David C. Herrin III corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Sep 11 04:14:03 2003

The heads warp - up to 1/4" bow is common.

What type of gasket are you trying to use ?
paper, composite - cork w/ some neoprene, all cork or  high temp. neoprene ?

Careful - have 1/4 - 20 x 0.50" OL  Helicoils available
    as these threads have been abused

I would stud the valve covers ...
David