[FC] engine mount

Fri Sep 12 17:01:02 2003

Keith,
Like Tim said, if you use a 64 style rear mounting plate you don't need
spacers... you can also use a 64 or 65 FC mounting plate, OR and early model car
with A/C mounting plate.
If you decide to go with what you already have, I have seen people use the
four mounting nuts to space it out from the skid plate, and then four more nuts
to hold it on. Sort of like this:
X | X L

Where X is a nut, | is the regular mounting plate, and L is the skid plate.
It should actually be like this:
X \ L

With all the same things as above except the \ is the correct mounting plate.
I'm much better drawing pictures in person than on this computer... sorry.
I prefer to do it the "correct" way, and I'm sure someone could come up with
the mounting bracket you need.... if you need me to I'll look around too.
Take care,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com