[FC] Brake light

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKMA corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Sep 12 17:25:01 2003

  I have seen those...I relayed the heck out of the back end of the coupe
and dropped backup lights that were 55 watt driving lights behind the
grill...and I am using some bulbs I got from Speedway...# 911-31016...Pretty
bright but not the heat of the halogens...I need to try those LEDs though...

-----Original Message-----
From: LonzoVair@aol.com [mailto:LonzoVair@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 3:07 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Brake light

In a message dated 9/12/2003 12:19:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Del.Patten@kirtland.af.mil writes:

>  The Toyota pickups have a nice one too....we have thought about getting
> two and putting them on either side of the GB looking for more light
> warning!
>
>  Del Patten...CNM

Del,
I went to AutoZone the other day and got me some of those LED bulbs. They're

pricey, but nice... They are already colored red, and are brighter and more
concentrated when it comes to emitting light. I like them in my 61 'brier,
but
now I want to add more light. I might go with the "194" conversion in the
pointed part of the tail light lens, and they make the LED bulbs in that
size, so I
won't have to worry about melting plastic!
Just another weekend project to work on...
Take care,
Lonzo
Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com