[FC] What type of synthetic transmission fluid is OK in a Powerglide

Sun Sep 14 17:57:00 2003

Gail,
The synthetic ATF will be just fine (I'm sure some would probably rather see
you use AMSOIL, but MOBIL 1 is still a good reliable brand), but remember if
you are just doing a drain & refill the torque converter will still have some
of the old ATF in it. Best time to switch to a synthetic is when you've had the
critter bone dry and the converter completely drained... I remember years ago
on the VV list some of the guys told how you could put a drain hole in the
converter, but I believe that still involved removal of the converter.
Good luck!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com