[FC] What type of synthetic transmission fluid is OK in a Powerglide

Mon Sep 15 19:24:01 2003

In a message dated 9/13/2003 9:36:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gailvair@juno.com writes:
I am currently converting my 64 Greenbrier's powerglide to Mobil ATF
Synthetic.
Is this OK? It states it meets Dexron III and Mercon requirement and can
be used whenever Dexron IIE is approved.  But it doesn't say specifically
that it's OK for GM cars. Is their a better one to use ?
    OH NO! Don't use Mobil 1, use AMSOIL, AMSOIL Corporate Website | Source
of the Worldbs Best Synthetic Lubricants
 You can order direct from the web site and use customer #503903. It might be
a bit more expensive but it is the best out there. There are others out
there, but if you want the best - - .
    Yes, the Dexron III/Mercon is the stuff to use.
    Ken Hand