[FC] mixing oils

Tue Sep 16 04:40:01 2003

well i tried mixing a small amount of synthetic oil with real oil and it did
not look like anything i want in any running thing.  that was a long time ago.
 but if i was switching i would want a good flush of the regular stuff
somehow. also was told by darn good machine shop that if i wanted to run synthetic
to please break it in with conventional oils. he builds most of the winning
engines at oswego ..so i run conventional oils in engine and keep it changed but
run  torco in gear oils and a valvoline combo in trannys. synthetics are
better with heat/boling etc but I still want it changed  no matter what i hear.  i
know a corvair guy running a big motorhome that swears by amsoil. i have
boating friends who run amsoil in hiper boat engines and love it also.you guys
almost have me talked into trying it again. cripes i even had trouble with mobil
one in my snowblower...regards tim colson