[FC] Two-speed wiper parts wanted

Wed Sep 24 17:58:00 2003

In a message dated 9/24/2003 4:30:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dziegler3@hotmail.com writes:

> The motor is not the same as the car. The connecting stud that attaches to
> the operating arms is larger in diameter than the car motor. Car motor might
>
> work if you changed the arms, assuming that they are close to the right
> length.

Dave,
My 1960-61 Parts & Accessories Manual Release #60-10C (October 1960) gives
the same part numbers for the wiper motors for cars & FCs (single speed =
4907734 & 2 speed = 4909108) for 1961. The 1960 was all alone (#4907093)... if you
are speaking of the arm that attaches to the wiper motor, that actuates the
wiper transmission, yes, THEY are different.... but you should re-use the arm off
your old wiper motor, as the NOS wiper motors didn't come with them.
Hope this helps...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com