[FC] 64 FC inst cluster

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Sep 30 07:41:01 2003

Not too optimistic - our GB will do an honest 75, that's running a well
broken in 110 with a PG.  I could easily see running out the back of an
80 MPH speedometer with the right combo, and the manufacturers
typically leave a little headroom for the inevitable tweaks :-)

BTW, I'll be looking at ours tonight, I suspect there are screws buried
behind there somewhere.  At least I know it isn't stock.

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, at 06:44 AM, LonzoVair@aol.com wrote:

> noahsarkinc@earthlink.net writes:
>
>> If I remember correctly it was a mid year change to go to the 100 MPH
>> speedometer...... someone in Detroit was optimistic is all that I can
>> think
>> of..... Paul in CT
>>

> Paul,
> I'm not sure if they were optimistic or if they just ran out of FC
> speedometer innards... I know the 65s had the 100 mph speedo... they
> DID go to the
> bigger 164 engine in 64.... maybe they were adding that to the
> equasion....
> Later,
> Lonzo

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa