[FC] Smog engine and jets

Wed Apr 7 23:53:08 2004

Tim,
Good observation about the carbs.  I do have a set of 1965 carbs that I will
put on and I was going to start with 52's on it and then work from there.  I
want to use only the late model ones, but b/c of time I did not get a chance
to rebuild them yet.  I rebuilt the 63 carbs when i first bought the FC, it
had the original engine.
About the smog motor.  I am hoping to get someone to ride with me in my van
and tell me what they think.  I have only driven one other corvair and it is
my 66 monza sedan 140 pg.  I have owned this car since I was 15, I am now 25
and have used that car as my primary driver until I bought the FC.  I don't
have much to compare it with.  Let me know what some of the details you are
looking for are and I will pay some extra attention to them.  I did have my
distributor built by Chet Reed.  I have the specs around the house somewhere.
When I find them I will post them.
Great web page and thanks for all the help, I hope I can help you also
Harry

oh yeah, it took me 8 hours to deflash these heads, but boy, you can now fit a
house through those fins :)  This was my first set of heads I deflashed.