[FC] Smog engine and jets

Thu Apr 8 04:56:01 2004

ok thanks for the great input. are you running dual exhaust?  they made a
noticeable difference in pooop. i am running powerglides. i also may get brave
and try a 327 rear axle...i know it will work good in the lakewood but in the
van with pg?  i had one in the rampy with 4 spd and it worked great.  i could do
85 from here to albany(150 miles) with no troubles.top end was around 100 or
so if you could feel in control of it.right now it is ok at 65-70 on thruway
but feels like its too pushed at 75.
i will be building 2 engines very soon. one is in a wb block for my 64 van
and a w block for the rampy.  i have 3 or 4 sets of good pistons here including
some smog stuff. i have 140 heads, 110 heads, 95 heads, and some smog 110
heads. if i do smog engine i wont be able to use 140 heads..the pistons stick
above the cylinders. i have tried so many combos im wearing out my mount bolts and
engine jack....and myself.    stay tuned   im still kicking. getting slower
at 62 ...see ya