[FC] Windshield

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Apr 15 22:17:00 2004

Take what you can get, because I have heard from someone very close to the
source of manufacture, that they are presently out of stock at the source of
distribution and there is no plans to do another run of them for at least a
year.  More likely two to three before they will be run again from what he
said.  Clarks has been out for 6 months or more now, because I tried last
August to get one.  My bet is that the glass company that quoted, can't get it
either.
Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Sanger
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 10:44 AM
  Subject: [FC] Windshield

  Hello!

  Continuing on the Rampside restoration, I am looking for a new windshield.
  Clarks lists one for $395, but is out of stock on both clear and tinted.
I've
  checked locally with auto glass installers -- price nearly doubled to $795.
  realize there is shipping on top of Clarks' price.

  Can someone help with a source?

  Thanks and Regards,

  Dave Sanger
  63 Rampside