[FC] Greenbrier tops/epoxy adhesives

Sat Apr 17 22:16:01 2004

In a message dated 4/17/2004 7:00:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rdgalli@tcsn.net writes:
I am especially interested in
delving into the new adhesives.
Bob,
The manufacturer that the dealership body shop purchased most often was
called SEM. They have several different epoxies; plastic to metal, metal to glass,
glass to plastic, along with "like to like" adhesives. It usually comes in a
strange shaped dual chambered caulking tube (requires a special gun) and the
mixing tube (@ 8 inches long) attaches to the end and the final product is mixed
by the time it exits the tube.
The stuff has a massively short shelf life, especially after it is opened,
and the working time is very short too (at least on the stuff the body shop
would buy)...
When I worked for DHL in the aircraft parts department we also kept the "SEM
Kits" on hand, and they were either "aluminum to aluminum" or "plastic to
aluminum"... used a lot on those 727s and DC8s.... held those patch panels nicely
at 30,000 ft...
Good luck!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, heading back to White Mills, KY in 2 days!
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com
BUY THOSE RAFFLE TICKETS!!!! They make GREAT GIFTS!!!