[FC] Emissions Testing

Thu Aug 5 20:07:01 2004

I thought it was just an urban myth about California thinking of making ALL
cars pass the standard emissions test; it looks like it is happening elsewhere!
I think it's a 30 year threshold here; 1974 and older are exempt.

It would be a typical politician move; make great personal claims of landmark
legislature that will benefit all of mankind, while only affecting about 2%
of the population; hardly a big voting block; or a big contributor to
pollution. Especially since vintage car owners don't drive their collectable cars as
much as their newer (more reliable, less expensive to fix) cars.