[FC] More on emissions.

Rad Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Aug 6 20:37:00 2004

It's worth mentioning here that:

1) a standard catalytic converter from after about 1990 will always be a
three-way convertor.  It'll have additional restriction that you don't
want, and that won't add any value without a fuel injection system.

2) To get significant benefit from a cat and avoid burning it out, you want
to run the mixture at stoichiometric or slightly lean.  This may cause you
cooling problems...