[FC] 140 dual/single exhaust

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Aug 17 00:55:01 2004

A single exhaust that isn't restrictive is better than a dual exhaust.  6
cylinders pumping into a single tube make for smoother flow and better
velocity.  Smokey Yunick says...

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of hmoore@sandiego.edu
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 10:50 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] 140 dual/single exhaust

Keith,
don't think its criminal to have a single exhaust on a 140.  I am trying to
gather enough info to make (engineer) :) a single exhaust for my 140 PG 66
monza sedan.  It may just end up being a larger diameter 110, I am still not

sure.  (I will run the duals until I figure it out) I have contacted
flowmaster and edelbrock about single exhaust, no response as of yet.  I
still
need to contact some more corvair people about this?  Does anyone in this
group have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Harry