[FC] Question about Powerslides.I NEEE

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Aug 18 13:33:01 2004

The only visible difference is a small dab  of brown paint on the
housing.  The only real way to tell them apart is to chuck them up in a
lathe and at 2,600 rpm the stock will be fully retracted and the 140 wont
fully retract until 3,000 rpm (these figures are from memory as we are in
Pittsburgh and the book is in Murray).  You can also do it in a drill press
but it takes a lot more time.
Jim Davis