[FC] vairs of course - tire sizes

Mon Dec 20 10:57:01 2004

In a message dated 12/20/2004 4:07:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
N2VZD@aol.com writes:

any fc  that needs that type of tire must not have a stock engine in it. if
you  are not driving over 75 mph a lot most lt tires (good for trailers )dont

have a decent tread for rain traction unless you go japenese exotic pricey
stuff.
then you also sacrifice ride quality . a good quality car tire with  traction
treadwaer and temp ratings will ride nice, give needed traction  in rain etc
and wear a good long time on a fc, or car for that matter.  just my results
from
trying several types of tires over the years.

    The lt doesn't stand for light trailer, it means  light truck. The above
may be true if you try to get bias ply tires. On all of  my non-Corvair trucks
I always try to get the lt tires if I have to replace any.  There are several
good radial lt tires on the market with as good a tread  pattern as any
passenger car tire, although, I am not sure about the 14"  size.
    Ken Hand