[FC] Paint Removal

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 6 14:52:00 2004

Baking soda blasting is considered the best method because it doesn't take
everything off... only what you want..... It doesn't hurt the glass either.
If you ask them to just remove the paint and leave the primer, they will do
that.  It also isn't corrosive if there is any residue later.  The best of all
worlds... it is expensive though.... Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dave Sanger
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 1:22 PM
  Subject: [FC] Paint Removal

  Greetings!

  I'm the new owner of a 63 Rampside; original California truck with very
sound
  body.

  Paint is original (tan) plus a coat of red; very oxidized. Some peeling and
  chipping.

  I'm considering removal of the paint myself, using sandblaster or
chemicals.

  Can anyone give me some ideas on the best approach?

  Thanks

  Dave Sanger
  63 Rampside
  64 Convertible Spyder