[FC] Paint Removal

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 6 16:13:01 2004

Tim......
Please excuse my illiteracy, but what is...." "  ????? You certainly
used it enough times for me to ask... thanks.. Paul in Ct

----- Original Message -----
  From: N2VZD@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 3:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Paint Removal

  do not attempt sand basting large flat areas of body metal unless you have
  the correct media and lots of practice on junk parts!  you will
warp and
  destroy them for sure . if you must do it yourself  i found a long
time ago
  spray cans of gasket remover work just as good as if not better and figuring
  everything it doesnt cost much more if any.  sometimes you can find
it at
  dollar stores.  i bought a can to try and it worked so good i cut a
deal
  on a case and it did the whole car plus.  this was a lakewood long
time
  ago.  i have air and electric orbital sanders and bought a box of
220
  grit disks on a roll to finish some areas.  it aint easy but it is
labor you
  can save on if you go carefully. i had a vette frame dipped once, came out
  real nice but you have to paint it right away and get that paint
EVERYwhere!&
  nbsp; regards tim colson....cheapskate