[FC] Musty Mildew

Jayme B corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Feb 8 00:20:01 2004

I think you might have pretty good luck checking out West Marine for
something to rid the smell. I used a spray for mildew that was safe for
all fabrics, and I think it may have been made by Starbrite, they should
be able to help you find the right stuff. They also carry a product
called No-Damp (or name close to that) it is a container with crystals
that draw moisture out of the area and controls odor, if a lot of water
is leaking you'll want to check the containers and pour the water out
weekly, the containers last usually 4 or so months. If there isn't a
store close to you they have a website. Good Luck!

Jayme & Dave

'63 Greenie

>From: Charles Wrobel >Reply-To: corvanatics@corvair.org >To:
corvanatics@corvair.org >Subject: [FC] Musty Mildew >Date: Sat, 07 Feb
2004 09:41:43 -0800 > >Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid
of that mildew >smell that has taken over my falcon while it's been in
storage? I >went over every surface I could see with fabreeze
antibacterial >spray and followed with an Armor-all type of thing. There
is no >cloth except for the seat cover but it doesn't seem to be the
>source. I will, however, remove the seat cover and bleach-wash it. >Also
it's been too cold and wet around here to drive around with the >windows
open lately and it's not parked in a garage so I can't leave >the windows
down all the time that it's parked. I have to solve a >moisture
infiltration problem and that will probably help a lot. >Water is getting
into the trunk through an unknown source and it's >collecting in there.
I'm thinking that it would be better to drill a >couple of drainage holes
to get rid of the water at least until I >can find the source and remedy
that issue. Does this idea make any >sense? > >On positive note; I know
exactly where the water is getting into the >Corvan - the holes in the
floor! It didn't take long to figure that >out. > >thanks, > >Charles >