[FC] Special Oil Filter Bolt for Sender

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 9 23:39:00 2004

use a copper washer instead of the fiber washer.... Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: * Greenbrier Goon *
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org ; virtualvairs@skiblack.com
  Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 10:48 PM
  Subject: [FC] Special Oil Filter Bolt for Sender

  Hey everybody:

  I have one of those special oil filter bolts that allow a sender for a gauge
  to be threaded into it.

  I have a brass T with the oil pressure gauge sender and the oil pressure
  switch in it.  The temp sender is in the stock oil pressure switch
location.

  Anyway, the bolt does not ground to anything when it is installed.
  Therefore, the senders will not function.  I came up with a quickie
  temporary solution by taking a piece of galvanized steel wire and wrapping
  one end around the base of the T and the other end around the fuel pump
  block-off bolt.

  Does anyone have a more professional looking solution to this?

  Charles

  Greenbrier World:
  http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

  1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
  1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)