[FC] Need some expert help

Thu Feb 12 10:32:01 2004

   Not knowing what the switch looks like, or where its mounted; I would
suggest some sort of shim welded on the give it the "extra throw" it needs. Or
possibly change the location so that the action of the linkage has more effect on
the switch (farther out on the radius of the swing). Of course, I'm
visualizing an external switch, if it's not, please disregard everything I've said!
   If all else fails, make a new switch and mount it where it will work; I
did this with an old Fiat that I had, I mounted a momentary switch that I got
from Radio Shack next to the linkage, and adjusted it so that when the stick was
in the reverse position, it would turn on the backup lights.

Bill