[FC] heater cables

Keith Hammett corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 16 10:01:01 2004

While working under the rampy this weekend I noticed that one of the heater
control cables was hanging loose on the rear of the rampy.  I went ahead and
installed the cable where it should have been, as I was doing so I recalled
that the PO mentioned that the heater was terrible.  Moving to the inside of
the truck I moved the selector and noticed that there was no tension on the
knob.  At closer inspection there are NO cables going to the heater control.
The two that run to the back have been cut off close to the floor.

It looks as if I am in the market for new cables (or good used ones).  I
will need all three.  Is there something I can pick up locally that will
work?

Front suspension is almost done.  Just need to pack wheel bearings, blast
and paint drums and then install cross member in truck.  Hoping to have this
thing running in Spring!

Thanks,
Keith Hammett
Springfield, Mo.