[FC] heater cables

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 16 11:38:01 2004

from his original post, he has said that some previous person cut the cables
off at the floor level.  He is going to need the complete cable and casing to
repair this.  I think that his best bet is going to be a junked van.  Paul in
CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wild8bill@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 11:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [FC] heater cables

  I used music (piano) wire to fix my turn signal apparatus. I bought it at a
  local hardware store for $5 for a 100' roll. This was a wonderful discovery;
  because I thought I would have to order a 15" piece of wire for $10 from a
  dealer and wait for a week or two. I would check the gauge of the wire in
the
  heater controls, and see if you can get the same thickness (or damn close)
in music
  wire and fashion whatever type ends you need. I'll pull out my micrometer
  later and see what actual thickness the heater control wires are, and post
it.

  Bill