[FC] Roof Marker Lamps

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 16 16:40:01 2004

I have seen some older pictures of them mounted on FC's, but never saved the
pictures.  I know from reading period literature that they were required for
certain types of vehicles.
Strange that you should mention the FC Vent Shades.  I have a pair that I just
located while sorting parts to go on e Bay.  I will e mail you the auction
number when it is listed.  They are NOS, however the attaching screws are
missing.  The screws are standard flat head sheet metal screws, so they
shouldn't be too difficult to purchase locally.  In fact, today, you can get
them in stainless steel, and the originals were only plain steel that would
rust.
Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MarPack57@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 4:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] Roof Marker Lamps

  Paul, Ed in Fla. Just picked up a mint 1963 truck accessories brochure on
  sat. It shows the lights but only mounted on larger trucks. They are mounted
in
  the front corners of the cab. I also picked up a NOS highway reflector set
that
  is real close to the one pictured in the book. Sure would like to find a
pair
  of ventshades for an FC. How have you been? Ed