[FC] Gas Tank Renu II

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Feb 18 06:38:02 2004

I thought that step 2 was to grab a beer and sit back and admire the
accomplishment!!!!!!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: * Greenbrier Goon *
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org ; virtualvairs@skiblack.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 10:49 PM
  Subject: [FC] Gas Tank Renu II

  Hey everybody:

  I just got back my restored FC gas tank from Mattsons Radiator.  WOW!  It
  looks like it will outlast the rest of my van by several thousand years.

  I had them give it the full treatment and the cost was $189.00, just as they
  had estimated.  It might seem like alot of money, but the tank will be one
  more thing I won't have to worry about.

  Now step 3 of my 4 speed conversion is ready to take place: installing the
  shift-through gas tank.  While I am under there, I will also install a dual
  curcuit master cylinder kit and relocate the electric fuel pump which will
  be in the way of the shift rod.

  In case you missed it, step 1 was installing the clutch pedal and step 2 was
  removing the remote oil cooler that was also in the way of the shift rod.

  Charles

  Greenbrier World:
  http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

  1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
  1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)