[FC] Strange Offer to Buy GB...SCAM ALERT !!

Steve Wren corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Feb 19 23:57:02 2004

 Has anyone else received an e-mail from "ocean_consultantsco@yahoo.com"?
 I had advertised my '62 GB on our local club website for a few months now.
(www.corvairclub.info)
A couple days ago, I get an inquiry thru e-mail about the availability of
the GB, and he would like to buy it.
Now, I get an e-mail from this "ocean_consultantsco@yahoo.com" offering to
buy the GB.
 But, here's the scam - He says he wants to send a cashier's check for
$4000, (although I'm asking $1500.) and he has a story as to why the check
for $4000. and of course, I send back the difference.

 RED ALERT ! RED ALERT! If this doesn't set off all of your alarms !!
 Please don't fall for this SCAM, or others like it!

 Steve Wren
---