[FC] Fuel Tank Sender Mix-Up

Patten Del R Civ AFRL/PKMA corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 23 18:21:01 2004

  That is interesting Tim...I have had my fuel lines "melt" twice on the in
tank pump I tried from Norm Helmkay...he said the standard fuel lines would
work too but it didn't!!!  By the way, I found the FC adaptors but they are
both generator adaptors...you want them??  I think I have at least 5 car
ones for alternators though!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of N2VZD@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 9:32 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] Fuel Tank Sender Mix-Up

yes it does hold up to immersion. i have done it before with no
troubles...and we had o feul line with a weight on it as pickup in our old
jeep at work.
just put a filter somewhere inline...and give up that stupid sock.  if you
bring out fuel line that has been in a tank a long time tro air it will
harden up
like a rock in a short time.  it will be fine in  tank.  a lot of
(most)modern
cars with pump in tank have hoses hooking the pump to pickup and outlet..
regards tim colson