[FC] Spring Cleaning "da Brier" aka (Burnie Weedle mobile)

Louis C. Armer, Jr. corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Feb 29 23:57:02 2004

Thanks for all the input two weeks ago here is the report:

1964 Greenbrier w / PG 110 car engine;

  These past two weeks Ted Fahrenthold and I have worked on my GB (Burnie
Weedles). When I
bought it from Burnie's family (February 2003) it needed quite a few things
but I basically just got it running and
enjoyed it for a year. Now We have pulled and resealed the drivetrain,
replaced the right rear axle assembley,
sandblasted and painted all the engine shrouding, rebuilt the right carb,
and tuned the engine. We
installed a new (my son's used one) sound system, fixed the turn signal cam
and dropped the
gas tank to replace the PG shifter cable and front emergency brake cable.
While the tank was out I inspected
the sender unit, installed a new intake sock and replaced the sender
retainer O-ring. We also installed a new
electric fuel pump (very nice Corvair application model from AutoZone, $38
) which is MUCH quieter than the
old one. I had already redone the exhaust system with u-tubes and a set of
Thrush resonators but they were WAY
too loud. Now it has a Clark's brand new ( 2004 supplement ) FC dual
exhaust set installed and I will be able to hear
the tunes from the "new" sound system. A cutoff switch for the new electric
fuel pump has been reactivated ( I don't know why
Burnie had it disabled ) and the back-up lights will soon be operational as
we are tracing a dead ground in
their wiring. The new PG cable from Clarks is going to require a resetting
of the PG shift valve but that will
soon be solved with the purchase of a "J" tool from Clarks. A few more
hours of tweaking and it will finally
become a Chuckster style rig.

Chuck Armer

Corvair Atlanta, BOD