[FC] Feedback Requested-Which one do I keep?

Melanie Teller corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jan 12 22:43:01 2004

Hi there Phil,

Read your post and I'm probably not a good one to give advice--I'm
emotionally driven AND collectibility driven--makes it difficult to make
choices.

I would ask, being the emotional type, do you have any sentimental ties to
any of the three?

If it is ONLY money that is holding you back (I too have to have everything
done by someone else, I can only move things around and clean my poor
Mugsy!  In fact I'm waiting for a student loan check to come in so that I
can send a couple hundred to the restorer (a friend) and maybe get the
glass windshield replaced!); if you have room, put the least favorite away
for another time and work on just one.

Not the best advice I'm sure, but I can understand the dilemma.  If you
absolutely MUST get rid of one, well--I think I'd go with the least
sentimental one, if at all possible.

Good luck!

newbie Melanie Teller
1961 Rampside (named Mugsy)

plus
> paint. PG tranny. The previous owner (1966-2001) kept pretty good
records. A
> weathered, but unabused van that would make a good restoration project.
> 2) 1962 Corvan- a plain jane except for all of the work that the previous
> owner had done to it. Solid body, good paint. Four speed with
remanufactured
> clutch from the Source. Spider dash with Stewart/Warner guages installed.
Nice