[FC] Re: FC Registry

Fri Jul 2 15:23:01 2004

      First,Im gonna change the topic line of this post to reflect what its
really talking about.... not the parts trucks in Ft Wayne......hint....hint:-)
Its helps others later on when they try and research a specific topic if you
take note of the topic you are replying to.  Not that Im perfect by any
means,far from it. I ve done it myself on occasion but a reminder never hurts.
       That done,Im gonna assume by registry you mean a record of the VIN and
what specific year and model they are along with possibly some additional
info on how it came equipped from the factory such as what motor and
trans,wheels
type and size,deluxe model or not,paint color,etc.
       Jay Long in San Leandro,Ca. keeps a record like this for all the 61-67
Ford Econolines that he runs across whether on road or in junk yards or that
anyone else can send him info about. He has been doing it for many years now.
I send him the VINs off every truck I run across and so do most of the 650
members of the Econo Yahoo site. The collection of data has really grown
tremendously over the past few years with the power of the internet.
       This info gives a lot of insight as to how certain models were
equipped in each year and solves a lot of the "mysteries". It also helps to
identify
trends or incorrect data thats in the shop manuals and parts books. There were
several mistakes in the Ford Shop manuals in different years such as
incorrect axle ratio codes,paint codes,and things like that. Theres nothing
better
than data gathered from real vehicles to unravel the inconsistencies in the
books.
       If this is what you are thinking of doing Im all for it and can supply
my data when you are ready. It does require a lot of time Im sure from
whoever is keeping the data though. Im sure I can gather some info on how Jay
keeps
it all organized if it would help anyone interested in taking this task on.

                                                       Tim in Ky
                                                Econo USA Parts
                                 Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                               Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                            A100 parts also available

                                                  Ebay Falcon1966