[FC] Re: display vans and such

Sun Jul 4 09:36:01 2004

In a message dated 7/4/2004 12:37:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvanatics-request@corvair.org writes:

> That sounds very much like a telephone company van.... windows on the
> passenger side and no windows on the drivers side.  The rear doors
sometimes
> had windows in them and other times not.  I have also seen some vans where
> the
> side doors were reversed in the one that opened first.  GM made a lot of
> strange custom jobs for the utility companies back then.  If it was at all
> possible, then they would accommodate the utility with whatever they wished
> for... Paul in CT

   Paul,Ma Bell was probably the most common purchaser of these vans but
several other companies used them also. When you figure how many vans the
fleet
companies would order at one time then you aint just whistling Dixie when you
say they would accommodate them with whatever they wished for. Money talks.
       So while I ve got the mike,did the military order Corvair vans and
pickups for their fleets? I know they used Ford,Dodge and GM.

                                                       Tim in Ky
                                                Econo USA Parts
                                 Your used 61-67 Econoline parts source
                               Constantly parting out E100 vans and trucks
                                            A100 parts also available

                                                  Ebay Falcon1966