[FC] gas heater

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 4 19:43:00 2004

Your Spyder came equipped originally with a air heater.  If you want to use
the gas heater in conjunction with the hot air heater, it can be done, but is
a lot of work.  There is a special brass "T" that is also the gas pressure
regulator.  I suggest that you purchase the instructions from Clarks and also
the prebent fuel lines to go with it.  There is more to a gas heater than
meets the eye, so be prepared for a lot of work to install it.  Paul in CT..
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: gerry mosley
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 9:00 AM
  Subject: [FC] gas heater

  Hi
  I purchased a  gas heater for my 63 Spyder. I have purchased the heater
control and air distribution. I have never seen the gas heater installed on a
corvair since I live in Mississippi and we don't have cold-cold winters. Would
you have photos of the installation or a lead for me? I think I will need to
also put some kind of regulator on the fuel supply. Is that correct and what
is normally used to regulate the fuel at 4-5 psi?
  Thanks
  Gerry Mosley

  Gerry Mosley
  cell 601-431-2967