[FC] Accelerator Throttle Shaft

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Jul 5 21:52:01 2004

The cars used a rod and the vans use a cable so the lever on the shaft is
different.  I would cut the lever off and weld it back on in the right place
if I didn't have the right one.  I can try to describe the angle on mine if
you want but I would just figure out how much cable travel there is and look
at the arc it has to travel and wing it.  You might end up with something
better than stock.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Donald Ralph
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 8:53 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] Accelerator Throttle Shaft

My 1964 Greenbrier was converted from a truck engine with PG to a car engine
with PG.  The accelerator throttle shaft from the carburetor cross shaft to
the PG pivot is missing.

Will any of the car shafts be made to fit or just the one for vans?  I see
that there were nine different ones, each bent a little different.

Don