[FC] SILICONE FLUID

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Jul 7 07:51:02 2004

Check out the Wilwood page in the following link.  They give the same info
I've always heard about DOT5 fluid.  If it doesn't absorb moisture you still
have the moisture in the system it just isn't dispersed throughout the
fluid.  It will end up sitting on the bottom and rusting out the wheel
cylinders and master cylinder.  I've always used DOT4 in all my vehicles and
never had any trouble.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of N2VZD@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 4:52 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] SILICONE FLUID

as i understand it and im not a chemist, glycols absorb moisture from the
air..sure dont need that in any vehicle that sets a while!
plus the bonus of silicone not attacking paint if you spill it on your
freshly painted backing plates etc.. the only car you dont want silicone  in
is one
with abs.it does not need changing  it stays looking new for over 30 years
that i know of.just make sure you do not use regular glycol assembly fluids
i use
silicone fluid as an assembly lube on the cylinders . its kinda like
quitting
smoking..you know its the best so why not do it?   regards tim colson