[FC] Differential side bearing

Wed Jul 7 21:29:01 2004

I thought a recent experience with our 64 rampside might help.  While my
husband was driving the truck he felt a terrible grinding and pulled over. After
getting a tow home he removed the covers over the drivetrain and discovered one
of the u-bolts holding the u-joint had come undone and had chewed up the axle
shaft, broke the speedo cable, cracked the housing on the starter and dented
the crossover pipe. After replacing everything it is fine.  One little bolt
can sure damage a lot of expensive stuff!

Pat
61' rampside
64' rampside