[FC] no reverse rampside

Wed Jul 14 14:10:01 2004

I have a 61 rampside 4spd that has been slipping out of 2nd gear on
deceleration,. but now suddenly won't engage reverse. The shifter is in the proper
position for reverse but the trans is not engaged. The shift control rod , under
the truck, couplings etc. all apear to be tight . Does this sound like an
internal problem ?   Shifter fork ?  Where shall I start?  Any one who has had a
similiar problem and can tell me what to lok for?  Thank you for any help you
can give me !!!!!!!             Jerry Nafziger

            Iowa City, Ia,