[FC] no reverse rampside

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jul 15 08:09:00 2004

It's been too long ago to say for sure but it seems like it had a pin that
should have been pressed in but was just a slip fit.  I didn't pull my
engine to fix mine but it may have been easier.  I just dropped the front
and slid the tranny off.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Vairsandts@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:26 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: Re: [FC] no reverse rampside

Joel..  Wow thanks for the quick response !  I have just given up for the
night 11.pm   . I did find the shift coupling very sloppy. some one had
drilled
the coupling yoke out and put busshings in it .  One of those bushings was
gone
made another one but no luck. Still no reverse .  I had feelings what you
told me may be what happened.  The truck was running so good after working
on it
for a year, now this!  Looks like I will be pulling the engine...again !!!!!

Is this a common problem , broken pin,  why did you need to JB weld it in?
have had very little transmision experiance so its learning time again !!
Thanks again
Jerry Nafziger
66 corsa 140 4spd
61 rampside 4spd