[FC] two items

Ben Stiles corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Jun 5 23:02:07 2004

Hey group-

Two things:

Driving my Rampside today in some very wet rain (is there any other kind??),
I had a weird thing happen with my brakes.  Coming to a pace where I needed
to turn, I pushed the brakes soft then harder.  I felt like I was
hydroplaning when I pushed them harder and felt like the steering was on its
own.  I don't think this is the case.  This is a '61 Rampside with manually
adjusted brakes.  Is there any reason why this might have happened??

Also, what causes engine backfire?  The Rampside backfired twice today
sounding like a bomb going off each time.  This happened right after I shut
off the engine.

Thanks!  Ben